Search engine Google is to make it easier to find recycling services on its 'Search' and 'Maps' services
Posted By : Deepak Naik | Date : Apr 4 2022 11:24 AM
With searches for ‘recycling’ on the rise, Google has added a new recycling attribute for business profiles, which will enable businesses to raise awareness of their recycling programs, and drive more activity as a result.
It said ‘recycling’ was among its most popular search terms, and 82% of consumers had said sustainability was top priority.
Google has responded with a new ‘recycling attribute’ for its business profiles, which means companies can promote any recycling services they offer and users can easily pinpoint them.
Matt Brittin, president Google Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: “Businesses across the world are stepping up when it comes to making recycling more accessible for their community but, until now, people looking to recycle locally have faced difficulties when identifying which stores recycle what and where.
“To solve that problem, we’ve introduced the new recycling attribute that merchants can add to their business profiles — making it easier than ever for people to find nearby recycling points on ‘search’ and ‘maps’.”
To add the recycling attribute to your business profile:
- Go to your Business Profile (you can search for ‘my business’ in Google search or go to Google My Business)
- Select ‘Edit profile’, then ‘Business information’
- Near the top, click on the ‘More’ tab
- Select the category that you want to change
- Next to the attribute, select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’
- When you're finished updating your attributes, select ‘Save’’